Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good Start to the Day

Time: 4:50 am; The day started with our typical morning workout of rowing followed by weights a-la crossfit hell on Manchester field on campus. This was immediately finished with the most delicious concoction of fruits, peanut butter, honey, protein etc you can imagine. Whoever invented the blender is a genius, can you imagine having to hand mix all that stuff, that's so 1921 (the year before the blender was invented by Stephen Poplawski).

Time: 8:45 am; I leave school for home to the realization that the water for the building is off from 9am-5pm today

Time: 8:58 am; Arrive home practically tripping over clothes as I scramble to remove them and get in the shower before 9

Time: 8:59 am; The water is already off

Time: 9 - 9:30 am; I stand in the shower with a mug, filling it with the leftover water barely dribbling out of the faucet to try and catch what I can. I then pour the icy leftovers on my head as the realization that this water is as cold as mission bay in January floods my mind.

Time: 9:31 am; Dry off from the most laborious shower of my life and feel the need to get dressed up and sit in a coffee shop for a good portion of the day, so here I sit. Enjoying the environment of Sole Luna Cafe in downtown San Diego, what a great day so far.

No comments: