Monday, March 24, 2008

Football star can't shake Ronald McDonald

www.msn.foxsports.com

You can't tackle Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall with your arms. You really have to wrap him up.

Or put a McDonald's wrapper in his path.

The physical Denver wideout will have his arm in a cast for at least two weeks after slipping on a fast food wrapper, NFL.com reported. When he slipped, Marshall reached his arm out to brace his fall and it went through a TV entertainment center. That injury required stitches.

"I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I'm okay," Marshall wrote in a text message Sunday to NFL.com. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands.

"So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down and send me through the entertainment center."

There was no immediate word on whether any NFL defensive coordinators were looking to sign Ronald McDonald or the Burger King as a way to slow Marshall during the season.

No comments: